Did you know these 3 types of physiotherapy are on hand near you?
Physiotherapy is a noninvasive, effective method for treating a wide array of conditions that affect our musculoskeletal and nervous systems. Physiotherapy, also known as physical therapy and rehabilitative therapy, helps patients to restore their mobility after an injury or surgery. It is also used to effectively treat painful conditions such as arthritis without the use of surgery or prescription medications.
There are many benefits that physiotherapy can offer to patients. According to a 2021 Gallup Poll, 68% of patients said that they considered physiotherapy to be a more safe and effective method of pain treatment than pain medications. Some of the conditions that can be treated with physiotherapy include:
- Chronic headaches and migraines.
- Back and neck pain.
- Shoulder, arm and wrist pain.
- Sports injuries.
- COVID-19 recovery.
What kinds of physiotherapy are available near me?
There are many kinds of methods and techniques that physiotherapists can use to treat pain and restore mobility. Your therapist can pinpoint the causes of your discomfort and determine which methods of treatment are best for your needs. Here are 3 kinds of physiotherapy that may be available near you:
- Manual physical therapy — Manual therapy involves a therapist using their hands or special instruments to manipulate your soft tissue. This helps to reduce the tension in your muscles and tendons. This form of therapy can also improve your blood flow while reducing pain and swelling.
- Therapeutic exercise — Exercises can help to strengthen the area surrounding painful joints. It also helps to take the pressure off pinched nerves and other pain sites. Therapeutic exercise helps improve strength, flexibility, and mobility, and to reduce chronic pain in the musculoskeletal system.
- Electrical stimulation — During electrical stimulation therapy, a special machine sends low pulses of electricity into your muscles to relieve tension and increase circulation. This helps to relieve pain as well as release tension in the muscles.
Where can I find physiotherapy near me?
If you want to experience the many benefits of physiotherapy, turn to the experts at Franklin Rehabilitation. Our team is dedicated to each patient’s individual needs and treatment. We work on a patient-by-patient basis so you will never feel like a number when you step into our clinic.
Our physiotherapy program is sponsored by the American Physical Therapy Association and has helped patients just like you to get back to doing the things that they enjoy with minimized pain or discomfort. A free screening can help us get to the bottom of your pain and find the best methods of treatment to suit your needs.
Contact our team today for more information or to schedule an initial appointment.